Microsoft released cumulative update KB4501371 (OS Build 17763.592) and update KB4503864 for Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and Windows Server 2019 (1809). How to download and install a new build
Microsoft released KB4501371 update package for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) based on x86, x64 (amd64), ARM64 and Windows Server 2019 (1809) processors for x64-based systems.
KB4503864 – cumulative .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 update for Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 is also available for installation.
Installing through Windows Update
Cumulative update 4501371 is installed manually through Windows Update, 4503864 – it is installed automatically. To test, go to the Options > Update and Security menu and click Check for updates.
A reboot is required to complete the installation. After the upgrade, the Windows 10 build number will change to 17763.592.
Installing and configuring Windows 10 updates
Download updates KB4501371 and KB4503864
You can also download updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install it manually using the link below:
To install an MSU file, simply double-click on the file. You can apply additional parameters (for example, /silent for a background installation) —the installation of the MSU update package.
Improvements and fixes KB4501371 (17763.592)
This update includes quality updates. New features of the system are not presented. List key changes:
- Fixed an issue that caused problems with opening Microsoft Edge when selecting links in an application.
- Fixed an issue that prevented an application from opening when using the command line tool (cmd.exe) with the options min and max.
- Fixed problem with compliance with the Gannan parameter by the Calculator application.
- Fixed an issue that prevented your phone from connecting to the Internet through a proxy server in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the Graphics Device Interface returned an empty font family name for Bahnschrift.ttf.
- Fixed the issue of periodic device hangup when using the East Asian locale.
- Fixed the reason for the disappearance of the mouse cursor when connecting a remote Citrix PC to a Citrix XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) session.
- Fixed an issue where a mouse click or release event could trigger an additional mouse move event.
- Fixed the reason for the short-term hang of the interface when scrolling a window with a large number of child windows.
- The problem of unexpected shutdown of Windows Media Player during loop playback of multimedia files has been fixed.
- Fixed problem with migrating SharedPC policies when updating.
- Fixed an issue that caused duplication of profile folders during the update if redirection of these folders was used.
- Fixed a problem that allowed users to turn off the background image on the login screen when the “Computer / Administrative Templates / Control Panel / Personalization / Disable changing the lock screen and login screen” policy was enabled .
- Fixed a problem with the flickering of the desktop and taskbar in Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server, which was observed when using User Profile Disks.
- Fixed a sound loss issue when Windows didn’t restart for more than 50 days.
- Fixed a problem with assessing the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to ensure compatibility of applications and devices with all Windows updates.
- Fixed an issue that blocked activation of IoT devices after installing previous cumulative updates.
- Fixed a failure to update the user hive when publishing an optional package to the Connection Group after the connection group was published.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the service pack from correctly applying in some situations when used to call CleanPC configuration service providers.
- Added support for a user-defined security list for ActiveX controls when using Windows Defender Application Control.
- Fixed problem with logging in to Microsoft Surface Hub with an Azure Active Directory account. The problem occurred because the previous session failed.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Information Protection (WIP) policy could not enforce encryption on a removable USB drive.
- Fixed an issue that could have caused Microsoft Edge and other UWP Windows applications to show an error while trying to print with the wording “The printer encountered an unexpected problem with the 0x80070007e configuration”.
- An issue with connecting an anti-virus filter to DirectAccess (DAX) volumes has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where Disk Management and the DiskPart console utility stopped responding when presenting removable drives in Windows.
- Fixed problem with resetting PC settings.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when recovering disk space.
- Fixed a problem that caused the Group Policy update, even if there were no policy changes. This issue occurred when using client-side extensions to redirect folders.
- Improvements to secure browsing when using Windows Defender’s Application Guard in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed the problem of a sudden termination of Office 365 applications after opening them, if they were deployed as App-V packages.
- Fixed a problem with software scrolling in Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an issue where when trying to expand, view, or create custom views, an error was displayed in the event viewer that “MMC was detected an error in the snap-in and will be unloaded.” In addition, the application could crash and close. A similar error could be obtained using the Filter of the current log … in the Action menu with embedded views or logs.
- Fixed an issue where Realtek Bluetooth radios might not be mated and not connected after installing updates dated May 14, 2019.
If you installed previous updates, this time only new changes will be applied to the cumulative package.
- Some operations, such as rename, may not work for Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and result in the error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”.
- After installing the update KB4493509, devices on which some Asian language packs are installed may receive the error message “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND”.
- It is reported that a small number of devices may encounter a black screen when they first log in after installing the update. If you encounter this problem, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete, click the Power button in the lower-right corner and select Reboot.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
ARM64 download update
Windows Server 2019 download update