Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4516077 (OS Build 17763.774) for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and Windows Server 2019 (1809). How to download and install a new assembly
Cumulative update package KB4516077 is for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) based on x86, x64 (amd64), ARM64, and Windows Server 2019 (1809) processors for x64-based systems.
Note. Before installing KB4516077, you must install security update KB4512577 – service stack update (What is the “Servicing stack update”?). If you have Windows Update turned on, update KB4512577 will install automatically.
Installation through Windows Update
Cumulative update 4516077 is manually installed through Windows Update. ДTo check, go to the menu Options > Update and Security and press Check for Updates.
To complete the installation, you will need to restart your computer. After the upgrade, the build number of Windows 10 will change to 17763.774.
Install and configure Windows 10 updates
You can also download KB4516077 and KB4512577 from the Microsoft Update Catalog and manually install it from the link below.:
To install the MSU file, just double-click on the file. You can apply additional parameters (for example, /silent for a background installation) – installing the MSU service pack.
Improvements and fixes KB4516077 (17763.774)
This update includes quality updates. New system features are not presented. List key changes:
- Bugfix: Microsoft Edge correctly prints PDF documents that contain landscape and portrait page orientations together.
- Fixed a problem due to which the cursor was missing when selecting the text input area by touching.
- Fixed a problem preventing the restoration, closing or maximization of some minimized windows.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the “Save” and “Save as” options from working in Microsoft Office 2010 applications when high contrast mode is on.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect properties of folders and files in Windows Explorer.
- Fixed a problem that leads to an increase in the size of vertical fonts when printing on a PostScript printer.
- Fixed a problem preventing the opening of the Microsoft Narrator.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes prevents the display brightness from changing after hibernation or hibernation when using certain graphics drivers.
- Fixed a problem where the icons in the message dialogs are displayed too large when you select the zoom options in the display settings.
- Fixed a problem that could lead to an unexpected closing of the Calculator application when you select any available Converter option.
- Fixed a problem that leads to excessive processor usage when switching applications or hovering over the taskbar.
- Fixed a problem that causes the display to darken after waking up from sleep mode.
If you installed previous updates, this time only new changes in the composition of the rollup package will be applied.
- Some operations, such as rename, may not work for Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and cause an error «STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)».
- After installing update KB4493509, devices on which some Asian language packs are installed may receive an error message «0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND».
- It is reported that a small number of devices may encounter a black screen when they first log in after installing the update. If you encounter this problem, click Ctrl+Alt+Delete, press the button Power in the lower right corner and select Reboot.
- After installing this update, users of the Mixed Reality Portal (Windows Mixed Reality) may periodically receive an error code of “15-5”. In some cases, the Mixed Reality Portal may indicate that the headset is in sleep mode, and pressing the “Wake up” button does not lead to any action. Microsoft, as a workaround, offers to close the Portal application, restart Windows Explorer through Task Manager, and start the application again.
- The Chinese IME input method (there may be other IMEs) may lose responsiveness and cause an increased CPU load. Microsoft notes that the problem affects Chinese Simplified (ChsIME.EXE) and Chinese Traditional (ChtIME.EXE) with keyboards Changjie/Quick.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
ARM64 download update
Windows Server 2019 download update