Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4512578 (OS Build 17763.737) for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and Windows Server 2019 (1809). How to download and install a new assembly
Cumulative update package KB4512578 is for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) based on x86, x64 (amd64), ARM64, and Windows Server 2019 (1809) processors for x64-based systems. The update is available as part of Tuesday’s patch.
Note. Security update KB4512577 – service stack update (What is the “Servicing stack update”?), KB4516115 Windows system security update for Adobe Flash Player is also available for installation.
Installation through Windows Update
Cumulative update 4512578 is installed automatically through Windows Update. To check, go to the menu Options > Update and Security and press Check for Updates.
To complete the installation, you will need to restart your computer. After the update, the build number of Windows 10 will change to 17763.737.
Install and configure Windows 10 updates
You can also download KB4512578 and KB4512577 from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install them manually at the link below:
To install the MSU file, just double-click on the file. You can apply additional parameters (for example, /silent for a background installation) – installing the MSU service pack.
Improvements and fixes KB4512578 (17763.737)
This update includes quality updates. New system features are not presented. List key changes:
Summary of changes:
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, network technologies, and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to verify usernames and passwords.
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Added risk mitigation measures against a new subclass of side channel speculative execution vulnerabilities known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows systems (CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130). After the update, the registry settings described in separate articles for client versions of Windows and Windows Server (These registry changes are automatically applied to client and server versions of Windows).
- Fixed high CPU utilization due to Search process (SearchUI.exe), which was observed in a small number of users who turned off Internet search in the Windows search system.
- Security Updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication Systems, Windows Cryptographic Technologies, Microsoft JET database engine, Windows kernel, Windows virtualization system and Windows Server.
If you installed previous updates, this time only new changes in the composition of the rollup package will be applied.
- Some operations, such as rename, may not work for Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and cause an error «STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)».
- After installing update KB4493509, devices on which some Asian language packs are installed may receive an error message «0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND».
- It is reported that a small number of devices may encounter a black screen when they first log in after installing the update. If you encounter this problem, click Ctrl+Alt+Delete, press the button Power in the lower right corner and select Reboot.
- Applications and scripts that access NetQueryDisplayInformation API or to provider WinNT may not receive data after a successful request on the first page – usually 50-100 records. When requesting additional pages, the error “1359: an internal error occurred” occurs. This error appears in this update and in all updates until June 18, 2019.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
ARM64 download update
Windows Server 2019 download update