Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4511553 (OS Build 17763.678) for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and Windows Server 2019 (1809). How to download and install a new assembly
Cumulative update package KB4511553 is for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) based on x86, x64 (amd64), ARM64, and Windows Server 2019 (1809) processors for x64-based systems. The update is available as part of the August Tuesday patches.
Note. Security installation KB4512937 is also available for installation – service stack update (What is the “Servicing stack update”?), Which must be installed before receiving KB4511553.
Installation through Windows Update
Cumulative update 4511553 is installed automatically through Windows Update. To check, go to the menu Options > Update and Security and press Check for Updates.
To complete the installation, you will need to restart your computer. After the update, the build number of Windows 10 will change to 17763.678.
Install and configure Windows 10 updates
You can also download the KB4511553 (17763.678) and KB4512937 updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install them manually at the link below:
To install an MSU file, simply double-click on the file. You can apply additional parameters (for example, /silent for a background installation) — the installation of the MSU update package.
Improvements and fixes KB4511553 (17763.678)
This update includes quality updates. New system features are not presented. List key changes:
- Fixed a problem that prevented the device from starting up or led to constant reboots if they were connected to domains configured to use Kerberos MIT areas. The problem affected domain controllers and domain links.
- Fixed an issue with the exceptional state of the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) console interface when expanding the directory Computers.
- Security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows file systems and storages, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Input and Composition, Windows cryptographic systems, Windows virtualization systems, Windows Datacenter Networking, Microsoft JET database engine, Windows Server, Windows Kernels, Windows MSXML, and Microsoft Edge.
If you installed previous updates, this time only new changes in the composition of the rollup package will be applied.
- Some operations, such as rename, may not work for Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and cause an error. «STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)».
- After installing the update KB4493509, devices on which some Asian language packs are installed may receive an error message «0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND».
- It is reported that a small number of devices may encounter a black screen when they first log in after installing the update. If you encounter this problem, click Ctrl+Alt+Delete, press the button Food in the lower right corner and select Reboot.
- Devices that start using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) may not start with the error “Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn’t connected or can ‘t be accessed “after installing this update on a WDS server. See instructions for minimizing the effects. KB4512816 (English, Microsoft Technical Support).
- Applications and scripts that access NetQueryDisplayInformation API or to provider WinNT may not receive data after a successful request on the first page – usually 50-100 records. When requesting additional pages, the error “1359: an internal error occurred” occurs. This error appears in this update and in all updates until June 18, 2019.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
ARM64 download update
Windows Server 2019 download update