Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4507469 (OS Build 17763.615) for Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and Windows Server 2019 (1809). How to download and install a new build
As part of the July Tuesday patch, Microsoft released the cumulative update package KB4507469 for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) based on x86, x64 (amd64), ARM64, and Windows Server 2019 (1809) processors for x64-based systems.
Note. The security update KB4509095 is also available for installation – service stack update (What is “Servicing stack update”?), Which must be installed before getting KB4507469.
Note. Microsoft also released KB4506990 – the cumulative .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 update for Windows 10 (1809), Windows 10 LTSB, Windows Server 2019 (1809).
Installing through Windows Update
Cumulative update 4507469 is installed manually through Windows Update. To test, go to the Options > Update and Security menu and click Check for updates.
A reboot is required to complete the installation. After the upgrade, the Windows 10 build number will change to 17763.615.
Install and configure Windows 10 updates
You can also download the KB4507469, KB4509095, and KB4506990 updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install them manually using the link below:
To install an MSU file, simply double-click on the file. You can apply additional parameters (for example, /silent for a background installation) —the installation of the MSU update package.
Improvements and fixes KB4507469 (17763.615)
This update includes quality updates. New features of the system are not presented. List key changes:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the system to freeze when the application used the CameraCaptureUI API.
- Fixed an issue that could have caused Bitlocker to go into recovery mode if the launch of BitLocker coincided with the installation of updates.
- Security updates for Windows Server, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows input systems, Windows Virtualization systems, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows kernels, Microsoft Edge, Windows cryptographic systems, and Windows Fundamentals.
If you installed previous updates, this time only new changes will be applied to the cumulative package.
- Some operations, such as rename, may not work for Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and result in the error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”.
- After installing the update KB4493509, devices on which some Asian language packs are installed may receive the error message “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND”.
- It is reported that a small number of devices may encounter a black screen when they first log in after installing the update. If you encounter this problem, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete, click the Power button in the lower-right corner and select Reboot.
- Window-Eyes screen access program may fail at startup or during operation.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
ARM64 download update
Windows Server 2019 download update