DOWNLOADOn October 16, Microsoft released KB4462939 Update Packages for Anniversary Update, Windows 10 LTSB, Windows Server 2016 (1607).
On Tuesday, patches Microsoft released cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10:
KB4462939 (Build 14393.2580) – for Windows 10 (version 1607) Anniversary Update, Windows Server 2016 (1607)
Installation via Windows Update:
KB4462939 is installed automatically through Windows Update. To check, go to Options> Update and Security and click Check for Updates. To complete the installation, you need to restart the computer. After the upgrade, the build number of Windows 10 will change to 14393.2580.
To find out the version number of Windows 10, type winver in the command line, press Enter, and you will see a window with information about your OS version.
Improvements and fixes:
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue with navigation from the Decade view in the Japanese calendar. When the user tries to go from the Current era to the next era, navigation does not work properly.
- Addresses an issue in which no error message appears when a blocked app is invoked from the Startmenu.
- Addresses an issue that maps two or more certificates for authentication to the same user. The user receives the message, “Duplicates found” and receives the error, “STATUS_CERTIFICATE_MAPPING_NOT_UNIQUE”.
- Addresses an issue in which applications have handle leaks when using client authentication certificates with the TLS protocol. This issue occurs when the FreeCredentialsHandle call occurs before the DeleteSecurityContext call in application code.
- Addresses memory leak issues on svchost.exe (netsvcs and IP Helper Service).
- Addresses an issue that depletes the storage space on a cluster-shared volume (CSV) because of a Hyper-V virtual hard disk (VHDX) expansion. As a result, a Virtual Machine (VM) might continue writing data to its disk until it becomes corrupted or stops working. The VM might also restart and then resume writing data until a corruption occurs.
- Addresses an issue that causes the promotion of a read-only domain controller (RODC) to fail. This might occur if application partitions are defined, but the DNS name resolution failed with the “Name error”. The errors are “While promoting Read-only Domain Controller, the expected state objects could not be found” and “More data is available” (error code 234).
- Addresses an issue in which the AccountName in the Event Log entry for the Microsoft-Windows-Kerberos-Key-Distribution-Center source and Event ID 7 sometimes appears corrupted.
- Addresses an issue with cloud authentication performance for accounts that create logon sessions very quickly.
- Addresses an issue that makes it impossible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 when the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) mode is enabled.
- Addresses interoperation issues between Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) Extranet Smart Lockout (ESL) and Alternate Login ID. When Alternate Login ID is enabled, calls to AD FS Powershell cmdlets, Get-AdfsAccountActivity and Reset-AdfsAccountLockout, return “Account not found” errors. When Set-AdfsAccountActivity is called, a new entry is added instead of editing an existing one.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Remote Desktop Services Gateway to stop working effectively in a load balanced scenario after 12 to 24 hours of uptime.
You can download the file below:x64 download update
x86 download update
Windows Server 2016 download update